There is a real difference between the candidates for the At-Large City Council Race.
“CONSTANT CHANGE IN WINDER”
• Broad Street traffic will only improve when the Winder By-Pass is completed. The Mayor and City Council are exercising our best efforts with state officials to make this happen.
• In trying to revitalize downtown Winder, we have been as active as our budget will allow:
The Streetscape Project that will help beautify Winder.
Tax Incentives that will help businesses to expand as well as encourage new business.
Hiring a fulltime Director for our Downtown Development Authority (DDA) whose sole mission is to promote business.
• The Council, Mayor and City Administrator are running Winder as a 30 million dollar business. Major progress has been made.
• Open – Transparent Government - Councilmen do not just sit and vote, as some people think, we work with department heads in confirming needs and establishing goals. We confirm, we supply the financing, and we monitor. Leadership, Business Experience and Passion for Winder create a job description that requires hours and hours of dedicated service each and every month.
• The Library - A move is underway to change the name of the Piedmont Regional Library to the Winder Public Library and for the city to assume their rightful ownership of this great facility.
• The Yargo Water System is very close to a reality. This will give Winder a raw water supply for the next 30 to 40 years. A Major Accomplishment!
Please Vote Winder, Please Vote Dixon!
Blog has been viewed (827) times.